Thursday, May 6, 2010

Running on the beach...

...or close to it at least. This weekend I went with my mom and friend Emily to Newport Beach to run the OC Marathon. Seriously, what a course. You start out by Fashion Island-great shopping btw-then head down through some amazing coastal neighborhoods, along a harbor trail, and back around to some gorgeous parks. So many views I forgot to focus on my time. Needless to say, it was still rough. I don't think anyone can run 26.2 miles without hurting at least a little bit. Anyways, beautiful course.

Pre-marathon at 7-11, gotta love it.




And after.



LAGUNAAAAAA.






Shout out to Emily Keig. She did great and finished, hurt hip and all. Last I saw her was at mile 7 and she was already limping. WOOT WOOT!






Of course we had to enjoy some Southern California attractions like the beach and my personal favorite, Disneyland!! Ahhh amazing as always. We hit the highlights of both parks in one day, headed over to Wahoo Tacos, then pulled an all nighter and drove straight to the Sacramento Airport, then finally, my bed.
What a great weekend!! I'm a lucky girl. I'm definitely loving California.



















3 comments:

  1. love it!
    it's highly original,
    don't let anyone else tell you otherwise (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. so proud of you for running that marathon!! love you and miss you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love love love that bathing suit!
    and congrats on the marathon! i guess that's the real achievement in this post...

    ReplyDelete