Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Something to think about...

"Nephi made God his partner. If he failed to get the plates, it meant God had failed. And because God does not fail, it was incumbent upon Nephi to get the plates or lay down his life in the attempt."
-Bruce R. McConkie

My Dad has never believed in the word try. He always uses the phrase "try to pick up that pen". And he's right-you can either pick up the pen or leave it on the table. So many times I feel like we justify our failures by saying, "Oh well, I tried my best" when most of us know that we could have done just a little bit more. Maybe woken up a little earlier, turned off the T.V. a little sooner, stood up for your beliefs a bit more adamantly?
This quote just got me thinking, how connected am I with God? How far will I go to keep his commandments and endure to the end?

1 comment:

  1. This is so true. It is too acceptable and too easy to say that we "tried" when the situation was actually whether we did it or not. Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete