Sunday, December 25, 2011

Thanksgiving?

The last week or so I have tried to focus my studies on the Savior for obvious reasons. It is the season to celebrate his birth, life, and sacrifice for us all. In the process, I can't help but have a spirit of Thanksgiving and start thinking of everything I am grateful for. First and foremost, I am grateful for my Savior. I have learned so much from him these past few months and am so grateful to my Heavenly Father for the blessing that I don't deserve.



Ever since I got the job in March 2010, BYU Sports Camps seemed to be my calling in life. A job that worked with teenagers, coaches, and required us to play with them both on the field and off. What a dream.
More importantly, coming up to the Summer of 2011, it was going to be my lifesaver. I was coming off of a rough semester of too much work and no play topped off with a rough dating life. I looked at Sports Camps as a way to get me through the summer to the day I could turn in my mission papers.

Summer went as planned. I met some cool guys to hang out with but that was all. There was one in particular though that just seemed to have something different. If you would have asked me first impression of Michael, a fellow counselor, it would have been a good-looking guy with quiet confidence. Unfortunately, the "quiet" just wasn't my type. So in my mind, I didn't look into it. But of course there was that feeling of wanting to get to know him, and I didn't know why.

We had a fun summer as friends. We met at the work retreat, ate lunch together in the Cannon just about everyday (this is where Michael will say that he never saw me showered or out of gym shorts the whole summer), played/I watched him play volleyball (sand volleyball:) every day, and I even had the pleasure of seeing him send off his missionary. I was even the friend asking him why he didn't have her stay. Oh man am I glad that he didn't listen.

He asked me out on our first date the end of July. We made dinner (spinach and goat cheese stuffed chicken and grapes) and hiked the Y. A few roadtrips to California and a mission call later, we are engaged to be sealed for time and all eternity in the Sacramento Temple.



So what am I grateful for? I am grateful for Michael. So so sooooo grateful. But more importantly, I am grateful for prayer and the Spirit. God knew what was right for me when I didn't, and thanks to the Spirit, I was able to make the best decision of my forever.

1 comment:

  1. Stop making me cry. Now.

    So so so so so happy for you sis, you and Michael are perfect for each other, and forever is the best thing that can happen to you.

    Love you, now get married already!

    ReplyDelete