Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Let's do it again

First and foremost, we have found our summer theme song.
"Let's do it again" - J Boog.
Check it out.


California was a DREAM. Just what the doctor ordered. Thinking back on what we did, I realized it was fun stuff and all, but it was really the fact that I got to spend 24/7 with these lovely people. I am so lucky to have such awesome friends.



AND, Alex finished his first marathon. Woooohooooooo way to go! The course was oh so beautiful and the weather was perfect. Couldn't have asked for a better first race.

Funny story. We were running and right when we passed mile marker 19, Alex turned to me and said...
"Cheryl, I think I hit my wall."
To which I replied, "Okay, how can I help you?"



Oh man, Alex you're the best.

______________________________________

Okay sidenote...
I went to the temple today and was sitting in the font area waiting for my turn. The brother in the font was baptizing very delicately and slowly, focusing on each word and pronouncing each syllable with care.
When my turn came up, they switched the brother in the font. He was a 300 lb tongan man and because he went so quickly, I got to do fifteen names instead of the normal five.
Wow.
It got me thinking. What is more important? Is there a right or wrong way to perform these ordinances?
In the church, there are many ways to go about things. There are some days when we have to show up, whip it out, and get as much work done as possible.
Contrastingly, there are some things that should be done gently and with deep thought and consideration
So yeah...Just made me want to evaluate how I do things, just a thought.

Have a great day :)

1 comment:

  1. Wait?
    Are you talking about the reggae artist J Boog?
    LOVE HIM!
    His entire family is in my stake and occasionally he'll come to church functions.
    :]
    My fav. is love season. classic.

    ReplyDelete