Sunday, February 6, 2011

It's genetic

My Dad loves (in no particular order):


1. Music: seriously people, he has been in two music videos and is in
every fan club that is even remotely related to his favorite bands-namely Train, Matchbox Twenty, O.A.R., Pat Monahan, Rob Thomas, Sugarland, Jason Mraz, and the list goes on...

2. Nature: my Dad climbs Half Dome at least once a year every year and is always talking about climbing Shasta which, cross your fingers, we are doing in May.

3. His family: my dad goes to work every day and works countless hours not because he loves his job (depending on the day:), but because he loves his family. He would do anything for us and has always worked hard to create a comfortable life for us.

4. Surprises: my Dad loves surprising people. Trust me, this works to my advantage. Just last week, I got a package in the mail with a Boston Marathon jacket because he knew it would make me happy.

5. Working out: he may have calmed down a little bit now, but my Dad literally goes to the gym EVERY DAY. Every spin teacher knows his name and every person at the front desk knows to save him a spot on "the list".






He is passionate, emotional, dedicated, thoughtful, and undoubtedly the hardest working man I know. This list could go on forever but here's my point...even though I may have come out of my Mom, I am most definitely my father's daughter: interests and qualities alike. This last week I have understood this more than ever and I am so grateful to have someone who gets me like he does. I love you Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment