Sunday, February 27, 2011

Zion

"To come to Zion, it is not enough for you or me to be somewhat less wicked than others. We are to become not only good but holy men and women. Recalling Elder Neal A. Maxwell’s phrase, let us once and for all establish our residence in Zion and give up the summer cottage in Babylon."

I love Elder Christofferson's talk, saying that we can't just be better, we have to be the best. We must constantly be striving to be the holy men and women of God if we are to be a part of Zion.


I love the idea of a Zion- a place where people can come live and together in one purpose and with one desire in life: to serve the Lord and build up his kingdom. Right now, as members of the church, we must scatter ourselves and see to it that we are sharing the gospel and spreading it to God's children.

I love the sacredness of the home. These homes are the most sacred branches of Zion that we create for our children to act as a place of refuge and peace, filled with the Spirit. But to be honest, I can't wait for the day when the Savior comes and rules a united nation like Zion. Or the day when I can create a Zion within my own home. But for now, little glimpses of community and unity in purpose will have to suffice:)



No comments:

Post a Comment