Monday, April 25, 2011

Chapter 1: Getting there.

The experience started off the day before when we flew out of SLC and landed in Chicago for our expected hour layover. That hour layover turned into a 5-hour layover, putting us in at 12:30 am the night before the race. We were just grateful it wasn't cancelled!

We found plenty of things to entertain ourselves with at the Midway Airport...



Coolest filter EVER.




My mom-what a happy camper:)




And the best pre-race meal...Red Mango and popcorn, yum.


After the flight, consisting of me sleeping on my mom's lap, we landed and had fun on the way out taking pictures on Boston Airport's rocking chairs- sweet, right?- and attempted films of our excitement.
When we rounded the corner, we ran into a few people we knew...



My family flew in to surprise me for the race! I was so shocked...poor guys even had to drive down from New York when their layover was extended just so they could make it on time. It was so awesome having them there!

We finally made it to our hotel around 1:45 am and set out alarms for 6:00 am.

Still to come:
-Boston Marathon
-Exploring the city!

2 comments:

  1. yay!! i love this! ps. thanks for adding my link on there. i feel so special!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun is that? I love a good surprise!! Love your family and so glad you are blogging. I especially loved the post with the Hodgsons, seriously we all need amazing marriages to watch and there's is awesome. Can't wait to hear how the race went!

    ReplyDelete