Saturday, April 9, 2011

Quality time

With myself:)
Ever have one of those days where all of your goals are shot to hell?
Me too.
No one is going to talk me into leaving my apartment the rest of the night. Conference talks and Pride and Prejudice are on the agenda.

C2S let me off early so I decided to stroll around the shops, do some grocery shopping, and go on a much needed drive around a new neighborhood in Lindon. I can't decide if being alone is a good thing or a bad thing.
Sometimes it gets you thinking too much.
Sometimes it gets you to think.

Favorite conference quote of the week:

"Each is to fast and pray, study and seek, start and stop and start again until he or she is confident that for this conference, at this time, his or hers is the topic the Lord wishes that speaker to present regardless of personal wishes or private preferences. Every man and woman you have heard during the past 10 hours of general conference has tried to be true to that prompting. Each has wept, worried, and earnestly sought the Lord’s direction to guide his or her thoughts and expression. And just as Brigham Young saw an angel standing over this place, so do I see angels standing in it."

-Jeffrey R. Holland

2 comments:

  1. Loved the use of hell in this post. Hope all is well, I feel like I haven't seen you in awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Cheryl! Just wanted to say how much I love your blog. And I definitely love some alone time. Doesn't happen nearly as much as I'd like; but I'll take it whenever I can get it. Is Boston next weekend? or the next? Anyway, can't wait to hear how great you do.
    xo

    ReplyDelete