Wednesday, August 3, 2011

"Get on your knees and pray, then get on your feet and work"

I have been thinking alot lately about what makes the difference in my mood. Why are there some days where I feel I have the world in my hand and others when I just want to curl up and cry?
Many times we blame our bad days on circumstance and events, but more often than not it is completely in our control to make it a good one.
I believe the difference to be service...

"Often, the answer to our prayer does not come while we’re on our knees but while we’re on our feet serving the Lord and serving those around us. Selfless acts of service and consecration refine our spirits, remove the scales from our spiritual eyes, and open the windows of heaven. By becoming the answer to someone’s prayer, we often find the answer to our own." -Dieter F. Uchtdorf

One great example of service in my life is this guy right here.




He is an administrator at Rocklin High School and I can honestly say he has been an answer to my prayers in many ways. He goes above and beyond his job description and puts his own needs aside for his family, friends, and students.

Moroni 7:46- Wherefore, my beloved brethren, if ye have not charity, ye are nothing, for charity never faileth. Wherefore, cleave unto charity, which is the greatest of all...

No comments:

Post a Comment