Friday, August 5, 2011

It's game time

Twenty-miler: check.

That's right folks! I finished my first twenty mile run for my training and it felt
goooooood. I am right on track for October. But there are a few things I want to change to get just a little more into running shape...



1) One sweet a week...that means cutting out desserts and most added sugars. So I have started lifting weights and it has definitely made me stronger. For my first marathon I cut out sweets and I noticed a difference for sure. I am going to try to get back to that for St. George.

2) Take speed workouts seriously...I love running. I really do. Letting my thoughts run wild with the help of endorphins is my form of entertainment. But tempo runs? Mile repeats? Blehhhh. So I am going to have a better attitude and NOT let myself slack off on pace times.

3) Run on x-train days...three days a week I either bike, elliptical, or swim. I am going to add a twenty minute run to these days to keep my legs loose.

4) Stretch...I would love to say that I will dedicate ten minutes a day to stretching but I know that isn't going to happen. So lets start with three days a week?

2 comments: