Tuesday, March 15, 2011

1st Report!

I did it:)

I ran 21 miles in 2 hours and 48 minutes.
I wanted to run this first twenty miler without water or food
(I know, I know, probably a bad idea...) but I STILL haven't found
anything that helps my long runs. I am thinking of using Shot Bloks on
my next long run to see if my time/strength improves and also see at what
mile markers I want to take my water. It just reminds me that I am still
a young runner and have SO much to learn. Anyone with any tips?? I would most definitely appreciate them.

Boston is SO SO SOON!!!! If there weren't finals in between now and then I
think I would be a little more excited.
On my run, I thought about alot of different things I was grateful for.
Here goes...

-prayer, long runs produce the most though provoking conversations with
the Lord, maybe its all of that thinking time...
-Utah residents sitting on their porches reading scriptures
-beautiful, unique homes
-this AMAZING weather
-the mountains, as always
-supportive parents
-my brothers, all great examples in many different ways
-music, yesterday Michael Buble and Jay-Z specifically

Alright, alright. I know this reporting stuff may be a bit boring but
I am hoping it will keep me on track for Boston.

P.S. Workout today: Hour on elliptical and 30 minute treadmill with intervals

4 comments:

  1. my dad swears by gu. he uses it for all of his races and super long bike rides. i think he likes it because it's not heavy like a power bar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are awesome.. I hope you know that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who ARE you? I am so impressed. And... so I'm engaged and my fiance has convinced me to do the St. George marathon with him in October. He's done that and the Boston so I'm feeling like he's pretty darn good. That being said.. I AM FREAKING out. I hate running. Any tips? Good training schedules for beginners? email me. trinebean13@gmail.com Love you :)

    ReplyDelete