Thursday, March 3, 2011

Patience is a virtue

People today need things instantaneously. All of our communication is at our fingertips. Our food can be made for us in just a few seconds. If we have to wait for our internet to load for 30 seconds, we get antsy. Heaven forbid we would actually have to go to the library to do research!

I am admittedly a victim of this generation. And lately I have come to the realization that I mistakenly apply it to some things in my life that require patience.
Hence the reason I am writing this post.

Sometimes in my mind I do some tradeoffs with Heavenly Father.
"If I read longer in my scriptures, can you help me get an A on my test?"
"If I go to the temple today, will you send me an email I have been waiting for?"
"If I make cookies for my visiting teaching, can you help me have a good run today?"

This is the part where a bajillion scriptures can be thrown my way about signs from the Lord. I know what they say: faith precedes blessings and miracles. Blessings come in the Lord's due time.

There is a reason I have thought that these trade offs worked before! It is because there have been times when these so-called "coincidences" came immediately...and now I have come to realize that this is a tender mercy. The Lord knew I needed the boost so he gave me a little one.

In the last month or so there has been one thing I have been praying for and I still don't seem to have an answer. But let me tell you; this answer to my prayer is going to be a miracle when it finally comes not only because of the blessing it will be to have the Lord guiding me, but also for the growth and experiences I have gained through obedience.

No comments:

Post a Comment